Once you have made your initial enquiry, we will contact you to see how you would like to proceed. We will ask you for further information in order to personalise our prospectus for you, and to introduce you to key members of staff.
Most parents request to visit the School, and this can either be at one of our forthcoming Open Mornings, or an individual tour with a member of our Admissions team. At this stage, we can also arrange for you to meet some members of staff and our Principal.
A tour of the School includes a visit to our Boarding Houses, Swimming Pool, Sports facilities, Music Department and Recording Studio, and classrooms.
If you live overseas, we can arrange for you to meet our staff and Principal through Skype. We encourage prospective international students to be interviewed by the Principal over Skype and further on in the admissions process, all international students are asked to sit an English Test paper in order to assess their level of English. A second English test must also be taken to ensure that the provision provided by the School is appropriate to a student’s needs.
Taster Days and Boarding
All prospective day students are invited for a taster day when they will spend a full day integrating with their peers and experiencing the daily School timetable. This is one of the best ways of finding out what the School has to offer and a chance for any prospective student to gain a genuine insight into the day-to-day life of the School. Two current pupils will be assigned as buddies for your daughter throughout the day.
As we are Boarding School, prospective students are also welcome to experience life in the Boarding House and an overnight stay can also be arranged. We offer full term, weekly (Monday – Friday) and flexi-boarding – our Admissions Department will be able to talk you through this.
Here is a brief overview of our admissions process:
- Make your initial enquiry, either by completing the online form, sending an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1323 644144.
- Receive your Information Pack, which includes your registration forms and details on School Fees.
- Arrange for a visit, either individual or at one of our Open Mornings to view the School and to meet key members of staff.
- If you would like to introduce your daughter to School life and/or Boarding, you may like to arrange for a taster day at this stage.
- If you would like to proceed with the admissions process, parents are asked to fill in the registration form and pay a non-refundable fee of £75.
- An Acceptance of Place form will then be sent to you, along with an invoice requesting 50% of the first term’s fees.
- All new families will receive a Joining Pack prior to their daughter’s start date, which includes joining forms and details of forthcoming School trips. We ask parents to complete and return these to the Admissions Office prior to entry.
We also offer Scholarships and Bursaries at Moira House Girls School.
Click here to read more about our Scholars programme.