Roedean Moira House Nursery
Our Nursery is known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere, situated within the beautiful campus of Roedean Moira House. It has a homely and happy environment in which children flourish whilst feeling safe and secure. Our nursery children learn through play, and benefit from a full range of experienced staff and facilities, including specialist language teaching, a fully equipped sports hall, heated indoor swimming pool and extensive grounds. In addition, the on-site catering at the school ensures the children have access to nutritious, wholesome and freshly cooked food.
There are three groups in the Nursery:
• 1. Baby Room – for babies aged from 6 weeks to 2 years old
• 2. The Caterpillars – for children aged 2 to 3 years
• 3. The Butterflies – for children aged 3 years and above.
Facilities on Campus
• Two gardens & enclosed meadow on site
• Brand new Junior Playground (coming in Autumn 2018)
• Indoor Pool
• Equipped Sports Hall and Courts
Activities included once a week
– Butterflies enjoy speaking and interacting in French once a week with a primary-trained teacher, learning vocabulary through play and role-play.
– In small groups from the age of 2, our Caterpillars and Butterflies develop water confidence with trained swimming instructors.
– One of our peripatetic Music teachers will be visiting once a week to introduce instruments, different sounds, singing and controlling the voice.
– Every week the Caterpillas and Butterflies are taught in small groups by a specialist PE teacher; activities such as jumping activities, stop-and-go games, and apparatus-based physical activities seek to develop motor skills.
– coming soon in Spring 2019.
“Overall quality and standards are outstanding…” ISI EYFS Intermediate Inspection 2013
“Children in the EYFS make particularly strong progress, nurtured by staff who know them well.” ISI Educational Quality Inspection 2017
If you would like to receive further information regarding our nursery or to book a tour please contact our Admissions Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01323 644144.